Senior Android DeveloperApply now
Senior Android Developer
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
Accenture Interactive is part creative agency, part business consultancy, and part technology powerhouse. We help the world’s leading organizations create and deliver the best customer experiences that live at the intersection of innovation and purpose. From our fun and informal base on the Marnixstraat in Amsterdam, you’ll play a crucial role in developing innovative, engaging, and stellar mobile platforms.Your Job
You might just be our new Senior Android Developer if you are able to turn business goals into stunning mobile platform experiences and lead the way for our Android team. As a Senior Android Developer, you will implement Android platforms according to specifications and follow coding and performance tuning standards. You will act as the anchor and lead of our Android team. You are a team player who understands and can manage complex business environments, knows how to motivate others, and can improve the overall performance and quality of the team. Next to your awesome and high-quality coding skills we are looking for someone that can:
- Train, coach, motivate and inspire team mates to become top-notch Android developers
- Further build and scale our team towards a solid highly skilled Android squad
- Experiment, identify and lead in promising and upcoming technologies and validate business viability
- Collaborate and align with our Design, Marketing, Data & Analytics and Value Architecture teams on a day-to-day basis
- Implement industry-changing digital transformations and improve business performance using digital technology and data insights
- Represent and demonstrate our passion regarding digital technology and experiences towards our clients and partners
At Accenture Interactive, we consider ourselves as the most effective 'digital enablers' around. And with good reason: your colleagues help, guide, and inspire clients, both big and small across all industries, with complex and challenging IT transformations. From analysing, identifying, and implementing the best fitting front-end technology, to integrating complex secure system architectures, our Accenture Interactive engineering team is home to innovation, best-of-breed software development and stunning customer experiences. We have a visionary engineering culture where we encourage entrepreneurship and support great ideas. This also guides us in how we build relationships with our clients. We believe in doing it together, acting and working as One. Celebrating successes together, but also learning from failures together. Yes, we work hard, but we have fun while doing it!Why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you like working at a digital studio but are also excited about enterprise-grade, complex challenges
- Yes, if you want an employer that actively helps you follow/define your career path and encourages you to develop deep expertise in multiple areas
- Yes, if you want to work as a team lead while also delving into innovative new technologies
- No, if you like things to stay the same and think you’ve learned it all
- No, if you view supporting less experienced colleagues as a necessary evil to progress your career
- No, if customer experience is just a buzzword to you
- 3+ years of experience in Android
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience with coroutines, RXJava, UnitTest, Dagger (or similar), Retrofit (or similar)
- Solid understanding of best practices in mobile UX design and experience working with UX designers
- Strong understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with source control (Git, Branching, Pull/Merge requests, Code Reviews, etc.)
- Experienced in using APIs to integrate mobile applications with server-side systems
- Familiar with testing frameworks
- Experience in building and managing teams.
Accenture Interactive is an incredible place to work – and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at.
Some of the benefits of working at Accenture Interactive include
- High level of personal responsibility, fast decision-making, and flat hierarchies
- Fun at work and collaborating with the best teams in the world
- Opportunity to grow your career in markets outside the Netherlands
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- Discount on Accenture shares
- Social activities such as Friday drinks, ski trips, and sport teams (when possible again)
- Opportunity to volunteer time and skills for the benefit of communities and the environment
- Permanent contract
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Lisette Werkman, firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.