Research ManagerApply now
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shapes data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines a deep understanding of Accenture’s clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of close to 300 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic value modeling, analytics, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners.
Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year,answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
More information about Accenture Research on Accenture.comhttps://www.accenture.com/gb-en/innovation-architecture-accenture-research
About the Role - Research Manager
The Netherlands Research team supports Accenture Netherlands in its strategy development and client engagement. With a small and growing team, we have built strong relationships across Accenture Leadership in the Netherlands, especially in energy, utilities, chemicals, retail and consumer goods. Innovation and digital transformation are increasingly important focus areas. The work location for this position will be at our office in Amsterdam.
We are now seeking a research professional who can further shape our relationships, help build the team, as well as start delivering value for the Netherlands leadership and Netherlands practice. Specifically,
- A passion for technology/digital and how it is changing our world;
- Continually innovates and invents when it comes to research;
- Brings the most exciting and relevant new research methods and technologies from outside Accenture into the team;
- Actively promotes and enables others to use the best new tools;
- Explores new ways of using data gathered through research;
- Has an entrepreneurial approach.
- Recognized as research expert in the energy or chemical sector;
- Publishes regularly through Accenture’s publication channels and other channels such as business reviews;
- Has a strong internal and growing external network and social media presence.
- A core member of the research team – critical ability to operate at a senior level;
- Research focused on Accenture business (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact;
- Credible in presenting work and discussing issues with clients;
- Credible in presenting work externally.
- Shapes & manages complex research programs of work with global scope and manages related budget;
- Credible with leadership and clients, both at global level in very different geographies and cultural contexts.
- Foster an inclusive, diverse, innovative culture;
- Collaborative working style;
- Talent magnet and role model;
- Coach and mentor junior researchers on projects.
- Track record in research with broad experience in applying the main research techniques, including: familiarity with key data sources, financial analysis, strategic frameworks and survey research. Experience in one or more of economic modeling, design thinking, and consumer-focused research skills is preferred;
- Subject matter expertise in energy or chemicals;
- An understanding of the role of digital and technology in disrupting industries and businesses;
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data;
- Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to high level executives.
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Exceptional people management and relationship-building skills;
- Proven record when it comes to inclusion, diversity and all aspects of people/leadership skills;
- Entrepreneurial attitude;
- Strong communications skills (focus on actionable intelligence).
- You have a Bachelor's degree or higher;
- You have managerial work experience or similar;
- You have 7+ years research experience in energy or chemicals industry;
- You have been employed in global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research government agency;
- You are fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
Accenture solves the toughest technological challenges through standout strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Working with over three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we drive innovation and shape world around us. With expertise in more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver ground-breaking outcomes for a new digital world.
The Accenture Research Team is part of the Corporate Functions organization. Corporate Functions supports and manages our organization’s activities by providing shared corporate services. Do you want to know more about a career at Accenture? Visit our website https://www.accenture.com/nl-en/careers/ or follow us at www.Facebook.com/accenturenl.
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.