The Resources sector (energy, utilities and chemicals) in the Netherlands is looking to make the next step into digitizing their businesses. Accenture operates at the frontline of these developments, combining new technologies with our deep understanding of the different lines of business. Within this New IT Transition Internship your task will be identifying methods and technologies that companies can incorporate to prepare them for the challenging decades ahead.
As an Accenture Technology intern, you will research innovations and new technologies in the Dutch energy, utilities or chemicals sector focusing on applying new technologies on existing business processes. You will have the freedom and support of Accenture to identify and develop innovations in one of the most rapidly changing sectors of the Netherlands.
The Application Services - Resources Group within Accenture Technology has identified a set of key questions that drive our mindsets towards the future:
(1) What is the impact of new energy sources on the IT landscape for our clients? (2) How can “NEW IT” contribute to the transition from fossil fuels to sustainable energy sources? (3) How can IT technology help commercial businesses to contribute to reducing emissions and make the targets of the Paris Agreement? (4) How to structure a company’s IT landscape in an industry with many global acquisitions and divestments? (5) Why should a (global) company adopt an agile mindset and how to achieve this? (6) How can new IT bring value to improved demand forecast across multiple companies in the resources industry? (7) How to determine the exact location and condition of their assets at any given time? (8) How to transform huge amounts of data into valuable information for a client? (9) Green energy or green landscapes? Sustainable energy production does not always go hand in hand with the existing landscape; do we have enough land to host the energy transition in the Netherlands? (10) “NewIT”: The energy field is one of the sectors where “NewIT” like Blockchain, VR and AI have a high potential impact. How can these technologies be utilized by Transmission and Distribution organizations in the Netherlands?
Do you have a research topic on the intersection of new technologies and the Dutch energy industry? Feel free to discuss a well thought out idea!
If you are selected for a job interview, we ask you to choose at least one of the topics above for further discussion and think of a potential research question that you would like to investigate during the internship at Accenture.
Accenture Technology leverages design thinking, industry insights and the latest digital methodologies to help clients innovate, grow and improve their businesses. Our expertise, capabilities and experience mean that our clients (including some of the biggest brands in the world) trust us to find the right solutions for their needs.
Together with our talented international colleagues, we focus on connecting the needs of businesses with the new possibilities that come with technological progress. Because that's where the real challenges are: inventing and testing things that have never been tried before, getting new applications ready for roll-out, and ultimately guiding clients to select and implement the right technologies to transform their businesses.
- Final year HBO, Bachelor or Master (beta) student with a specialization or relevant experience in the areas of resources and/or utilities
- Affinity with the Dutch resources market and technology innovations
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Proactive, eager to learn and able to solve complex issues
- Available for 6 months
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A compensation and a laptop
- Travel’s allowance
- Guidance by a team of experienced consultants
- An active intern-community
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Kim Jap Tjoen San via email@example.com.
Finding and applying for an internship can be both exciting as overwhelming - and we believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit.
Found a fitting internship? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
Play a set of neuroscience-based games that objectively measures cognitive and personality traits to assess if you match the job. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to play the games - because every trait makes you a great fit for a specific job.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions, possible thesis, past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role and Accenture.
If we are both happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and interns and start your career at Accenture!