Media Relations Lead – NetherlandsApply now
Media Relations Lead – Netherlands
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
Bring your big ideas and PR expertise to Accenture and you may find that your career catapults to places you never imagined. As a leader in strategy & consulting, technology, interactive and operations services, our teams work closely with clients to deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who will focus on generating tier one media coverage and positioning in support of Accenture’s business objectives and priority growth areas across the Netherlands. The highly skilled professional will work closely with the marketing lead to ensure holistic, integrated media activity aligned to business needs to maximise consideration and preference for Accenture services. This person will report to the European Media Relations lead.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, manage and execute an integrated, aligned and end-to-end communication strategy that builds a positive market image for the Accenture brand, increasing our media share of voice in the market.
- Provide counsel and work directly with the Netherlands country managing director and executive leadership team to achieve strategic external communications outcomes that ensure we build brand awareness and understanding across all priority areas and industries.
- Work hand in hand with the Dutch marketing team to co-develop and implement integrated campaigns tied directly to key client issues and strategic business priorities. The alignment of media spend, consistency of messaging and strong brand positioning is fundamental to this integrated approach.
- Collaborate with the global Accenture media relations team to ensure consistency of global and local strategies and alignment of corporate interests across the Netherlands. This will include the local adaptation of global thought leadership research and points of view.
- Work closely with the client account teams to increase proactive win announcements and client references to drive a strong and differentiated position for Accenture in the Netherlands.
- Lead day-to-day management of retainer PR agency relationship and ensure excellent service delivery and value for money.
- Manage media training for key Accenture executive spokespeople and provide support for our leaders who speak for the company.
- Lead local issues management (client, employee & corporate) in close collaboration with global issues management team to protect and enhance Accenture’s brand locally.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with client marketing, social media, internal communications and talent brand teams across the company.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with influential journalists.
- Monitor and report media activity to local and global stakeholders.
As driven individuals within the corporate functions department we do whatever it takes to ensure Accenture’s success – every day. This department bundles together specialists from HR, Finance, Marketing + Communications, Legal and IT services to support our thriving consultants.
Your role entails being the internal consultant within our consultancy bureau: Based on your expertise, you will advise and help guide, support and improve our end-to-end business. Through modern tools, innovative practices and your expertise we take a different approach to modern-day obstacles – resulting in the new optimal outcomes.
It may seem like a constant struggle to fulfill the strategic roadmaps of our clients, partners and colleagues – but we can assure you that the result we achieve together is totally worth it.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years' experience in media relations/corporate communications (corporate or agency experience preferred)
- Minimum of 8-10 years' experience analyzing, disseminating and communication complex information and developing clear "media-ready" messages
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Dutch and English.
- Proven ability to quickly and concisely draft a wide range of clear, concise and high-quality media materials including news releases, media Q&As, media pitches, bylined articles, op-eds, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of media relations processes in general
- Social media (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) familiarity and skills
- Issues management skills.
- Ability to interact and work closely with media contacts representing clients, alliance partners, third-party organizations, vendors, and others.
- Broad overall business acumen.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture’s business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations.
- Strong negotiation and conflict-management skills to resolve complex or disputed issues.
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we take an agile approach, provide end-to-end services and maintain a realistic mindset. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So, you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Puck Becht, firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.