Legal Counsel – Ethics & Compliance, Data PrivacyApply now
Legal Counsel – Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
- As part of the Clients & Contracting functional group (“tower”) within Accenture’s global Data Privacy team, the role has responsibility for providing data privacy support for our client facing business, such as Applied Intelligence and Data Services business areas, including advising on incorporation of Privacy by Design principles into our offerings, and related data privacy contractual provisions with Clients and third party suppliers;
- Provide data privacy advice to the Accenture flagship innovation center, in support of rapid-solutioning to meet identified client needs;
- Keep abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact to Accenture and our clients, develop guidance and thought leadership for internal and external audiences;
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in particular with legal and business teams, and interact with clients, as needed;
- Effectively work with a team of data privacy and other legal professionals and business teams in remote locations, providing advice and guidance in an engaged, business focused and pragmatic manner.
- Legal, including Sales & Delivery, Government Relations, Geographic Support;
- Corporate Functions and business stakeholders;
- Geographic leadership;
- Related subject matter experts (e.g. Analytics, security professionals, government compliance);
- Privacy professionals at client and peer companies; and
- Outside Counsel.
At Accenture Consulting we change businesses every day using our insights, knowledge and innovative ideas.
Qualifications:Education: University degree (Master or comparable level) – legal degree. CIPP/CIPM or comparable privacy certification required.Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in global data privacy function preferably in EU based business, a major law firm and/or multinational corporation. Prior role in providing legal guidance for business units engaged in data analytics and/or data services field, as well as artificial intelligence, and roles involving strong project management and organizational skills would be considered a plus. Experience and expertise with major national data privacy legislation, in particular in the European Union, and cross border and data localization issues. Experience in monitoring trends and developments in the analytics and data services areas and translating those into actionable requirements. Work Requirements: Limited travel required as needed. Must have ability to effectively work with others remotely, manage a schedule with global clients and engage in contract negotiation.Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Together with the world’s leading companies and our talented international colleagues, we take on the challenge of designing and implementing transformative business solutions, using the newest technology.
- Demonstrated command of data privacy and related laws and regulations;
- Proven ability to develop vision, operationalize and implement strategy;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends and developments in the analytics and data services fields, explain issues in a practical, results focused manner, and curiosity for learning about new technology;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface, and develop relationships, with all levels of management and staff, and work cross-culturally;
- Confidence and credibility in dealing with internal management;
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy, and to seek out areas of risk and priority;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and prioritize;
- Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business.
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.