Lead Innovation ConsultantApply now
Lead Innovation Consultant
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
This is you
You find new ways to solve complex challenges.
Regardless the process, you find a way to make it more efficient.
You are a natural-born leader.
You like to find new and better ways to do things.
?What If! are a part of the Accenture Innovation Network in Strategy and Consulting
We are innovators who ask and answer the? What If! that help organisations imagine new growth futures – and we work with Accenture to make them a reality. We believe the organisations that will be successful are those who lead, experiment, adapt and learn, innovating from both the inside out and the outside in.
We help organisations for future readiness by using an experimentation-led approach to build growth futures (vision, products, services, brands, ventures) and create growth cultures (leadership, culture, capabilities). We are here to innovate at scale, which means rolling our sleeves up to create the impact we want to see in the world.
You are a leader in building growth futures
A strategic Innovation Leader who is comfortable blending a creative approach to solving problems with real commercial grounding. You possess strategic acumen, are an insight savvy storyteller, and an expansive idea generator with fabulous facilitation skills. Our Lead Inventors are able to drive an iterative approach to innovation, applying our relevant tools and behaviours of experimentation to all challenges. They are passionate about owning and cracking our clients’ innovation problems and are smart, provocative thinkers with a human approach to business.
While role modelling our creative behaviours and values, our Lead Inventors lead delivery of projects, developing recommendations that answer client challenges in a human-led, yet business savvy strategic way. Together with our Directors they contribute to sales efforts and can spot opportunities to collaborate with Accenture to deliver innovation at scale. Lead Inventors leverage project teams effectively, identify growth objectives of individual team members and effectively balances team growth needs by mentoring our talent.
Knowledge and IP
- Ability to sell a point of view, not just have one
- Happy, comfortable and successful working in an iterative way, without a heavy reliance on standard process
- Encourages project team to try new things (through their own actions)
- Ability to redirect and course correct a project as needed
- Generates new ideas, process and structures to help us grow
- Great storyteller – collects, creates and shares stories (own and ?What If!)
- Razor sharp insight intuition and quick discrimination of insight and ideas
- Ability to be an intellectual juggler and operate on multiple levels on a project and on the inventing team considering the past, the task at hand and incorporating their knowledge of organisation, people, politics, etc
- Experienced and confident in designing day plans, setting up and leading workshops, moderating consumers, using stimulus and managing the necessary quantity and quality of ideas.
- Motivates and inspires clients and their project teams
- Helps develop the skills of the people around them (on project and beyond)
- Can make tough calls and have tough conversations with clients and ?What If!
- Ability to clearly see business opportunities and articulate them convincingly
- Is diplomatic but firm (embodies appropriate levels of bravery)
- Can manage their own energy and others and brings passion to their work
- Writes and owns the POV and approach for new business pitches and proposals
- Creates, leads and grows long lasting client relationships
- Owns day-today project needs and client management
- Manages most senior clients plus any big issues throughout their projects
- Can scope and cost a project accurately and in the moment
- Understands and helps support revenue management
- Delivers against their set annual new business targets
- Ensures they and their teams are working profitably
Here’s what you need
- Experience leading and managing teams – project teams or otherwise
- At least 2 years of client services experience, delivering work in the context of delivering on client needs
- At least 2 years of product innovation experience, either client side or start-up
Bonus points if
- You are an idea generator comfortable working in an iterative way.
- You are constantly curious about the world and use that curiosity in a truly productive way.
- You are a natural leader, our Lead Inventors must possess the demeanour, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish immediate credibility with key stakeholders within the company.
- You are united by our 5 core values - Adventure, Impact, Passion, Love & Audacity and these come across in every project we produce as well as everyone we recruit.
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.