Junior Data Engineer ConsultantApply now
Junior Data Engineer Consultant
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
Disrupt the way the world works by using your skills to transform Accenture clients in the digital businesses of tomorrow. Big Data & AI are booming and therefore we are looking for an outstanding Junior Data Engineering Consultant to join the team. Do you want to help our clients become high performance and data-driven businesses? If so, we would love to meet you!
As a Junior Data Engineer Consultant, you will be in our Applied Intelligence team, which is part of the Strategy & Consulting practice. You will work directly with our clients in the Netherlands and sometimes also abroad to advise them on their data challenges. Your work can vary from advice on the big data platform and architecture they (need to) work on, to building scalable big data solutions by making use of state-of-the art technologies.
As part of your day to day activities, you will be working with the largest big data vendors in the world and the top clients in the Netherlands and abroad.
Our consultants in Strategy & Consulting are changing businesses every day using deep industry insights, knowledge and innovative ideas. Positioned at the crucial intersection of business, technology and industry, we devise creative new strategies based on trends, insights and data. With an eye for competitive advantage, digital disruption, operating models and the future workforce, we take on the challenge of designing and implementing transformative business solutions, using the newest technology.
Our research-based advice and situational analyses enable our clients to act with speed and confidence. Whether we're investigating complex issues or identifying new opportunities, our work always comes down to one thing: unlocking value and creating real, tangible impacts.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Information Management) with a specific emphasis on data.
- Between 0 and 2 years of professional experience in creating and maintaining data pipeline architectures, identify data related process improvements and build tools that enable data science activities.
- You know your way around distributed computing, distributed storage, and containerization; Spark/PySpark, Kafka, SQL & NoSQL (e.g., Elastic, Hive, BigQuery, Kafka KTables, AWS S3), Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experienced in programming with Python or Scala and familiar with micro services development (REST API’s/IoT).
- Strong communication skills: able to transform business requirements into use cases and explain your work in non-technical terms to business stakeholders.
- Effective communication in Dutch and English.
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we take an agile approach, provide end-to-end services and maintain a realistic mindset. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So, you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
- Laptop and smartphone
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Josephine Sillevis Smitt, email@example.com
Applying for jobs can be both exciting as overwhelming - and we believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit.
Found a fitting vacancy or role or want to pitch and propose your own ideas for an assignment? Great! Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to start the process.
Play a set of neuroscience-based games that objectively measures cognitive and personality traits to assess if you match the job. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to play the games - because every trait makes you a great fit for a specific job.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role and Accenture.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are both happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the new joiners and start your career at Accenture.