Geographic Compliance and Corporate Legal ManagerApply now
Geographic Compliance and Corporate Legal Manager
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
The Geographic Compliance and Corporate (“GCC”) Team are the local business enablers, we oversee each country’s legal and regulatory compliance strategies as the platform for Accenture’s sustainable growth and in so doing we work with a global network of GCC lawyers. The Netherlands GCC Team continually adapts to support the Dutch business to address new legal challenges as the business continues to innovate.
We advise on compliance and corporate matters and we are first point of contact for the most senior leadership in the Netherlands, for corporate functions (Finance, HR, Workplace, Marketing, IT) and for Procurement. We advise on corporate citizenship initiatives that engage with our community and wider society.
On the Compliance side we enable our businesses to operate legally and responsibly in the local context. We assist in the implementation of global compliance programs in the areas of data privacy, anti-corruption and government compliance, competition law, trade compliance, ethics and anti-money laundering. We monitor regulatory developments to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation.
A key component of our compliance effort in The Netherlands relates to data privacy matters. We collaborate seamlessly with other legal experts across the global Accenture legal team.
On the Corporate side we support and advise the Board of Directors of our operating companies on their responsibilities and work with our Ventures and Acquisition team to integrate acquired businesses post acquisition.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
You will report directly to the Netherlands based GCC Lead for the Gallia region (France, Benelux, Morocco and Mauritius).
- Master Dutch law degree
- Native Dutch speaker, fluent in English
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in a law firm, large corporate or multinational
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Good experience in a compliance function
- Deep understanding of data privacy
- Strong contracting skills
- Basic understanding of anti-corruption, trade compliance, anti-money laundering in order to be able to work with specialist teams
- Knowledge of and ability to spot general business legal issues (including ethics and compliance) and work with specialist teams on these
- Experience in corporate law and company matters specifically intra group corporate restructurings and corporate governance
- Ability and keenness to work directly with and advise our internal clients to include other corporate functions and other legal teams
- Experience in litigation to work directly with the global Litigation team to manage litigation and disputes locally
- Agility to move between a wide range of matters
- Strong time management, prioritization and organisational skills
- Demonstrate strong project/program management skills to lead cross-functional projects, especially in a multi-cultural environment
- Team player with the ability to engage teams and encourage a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written skills
Set yourself apart:
- Good business acumen and an ability to target legal advice to the issues presented, quickly and concisely
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills to be able to liaise and provide support and advice to senior leadership and Board members
- Proactively finding practical solutions to legal and organisational challenges
- An understanding and experience of working in a multinational, culturally diverse environment
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to further build a career.
Accenture offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- 13th month’ pay and holiday allowance which you can manage in a flexible benefits tool
- 26 holidays
- Bonus program
- Pension scheme set up on your personal situation
- Laptop and smartphone
- Expense allowance
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Annick van Kerkum, email@example.com
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.