Data Science Manager - Applied IntelligenceApply now
Data Science Manager - Applied Intelligence
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
This is you
You find new ways to solve complex challenges.
Regardless the process, you find a way to make it more efficient.
You are a natural-born leader.
You like to find new and better ways to do things.
Are you excited about data? Will you take on the challenge to help our clients become data-driven? Do you want to change the way organizations manage their data and do business? Are you interested in how data flows through an organization and how it is governed to generate knowledge and value? If your answer is “yes” to these questions, we would love to meet with you!
As a Data Science Manager, you will lead a team of data scientists in delivering value to our clients while developing our business, skills and people.
You align client business strategy, KPIs to impact, and data science use cases. You will propose new problem-solving solutions and methodologies; data modelling, analyses & interpretation. You apply the latest algorithms and techniques like deep learning and other machine learning techniques to create client value through insight generation and decision support –then turn these into action (eg. build a recommender system, determine customer segments through clustering, analyze a large text corpus to learn about the writers sentiment, predict the next best action).
You facilitate workshops/interviews to bridge the gap between data analytics and business outcomes. You provide advice to clients by translating analytical solutions into recommendations. You help achieve strategic goals and impact business results.
Our consultants in Strategy & Consulting are changing businesses every day using deep industry insights, knowledge and innovative ideas. Positioned at the crucial intersection of business, technology and industry, we devise creative new strategies based on trends, insights and data. With an eye for competitive advantage, digital disruption, operating models and the future workforce, we take on the challenge of designing and implementing transformative business solutions, using the newest technology.
Our research-based advice and situational analyses enable our clients to act with speed and confidence. Whether we're investigating complex issues or identifying new opportunities, our work always comes down to one thing: unlocking value and creating real, tangible impacts.
- Fluent communication in Dutch and English
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field with a specific emphasis on data (Econometrics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, Quantitative Marketing, Statistics, or other Research masters).
- 5+ years of hands-on data science experience, which also should include 1+ years of professional consulting experience.
- Or a PhD degree, Postdoctoral and/or Professorship in a relevant quantitative field and with professional management and consulting experience.
- Sharp analytical capabilities combined with the ability to develop and transform concepts into pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- Hands-on experience and skills around all or most of below categories (at least 1 skill per each category):
- Database query languages: SQL, NoSQL, etc
- Programming languages: Python, R, C++, Java, etc
- Machine learning models: Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks, etc
- Machine learning solutions: Google Tensorflow, IBM Watson, etc
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc
- Big Data solutions: Hadoop, Spark, HBase, MongoDB, etc
- Data visualization: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc
- Proven record of strong leadership, management and communication skills:
- Professional experience of leading and managing teams
- Communication skills for translating technical concepts into easily understood, business-friendly language
- Leadership: decision making, change management, analytics strategy, etc
- Sales and delivery: Business developments, RFPs, value proposition, etc
- Project management: Agile, Scrum, DevOps, etc
- Presentation: executive presentations, design thinking workshops, storytelling, etc
- Business expertise: Financial Services, Supply Chain Management, Retail, etc
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So, you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Joost Stolwerk (email@example.com)
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.