Compliance & Ethics Data Privacy Senior ManagerApply now
Compliance & Ethics Data Privacy Senior Manager
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
We are looking for an experienced data privacy professional with a data privacy legal background, who can demonstrate strong experience and interest in the areas of digital and technology. The position will complement Accenture’s global Data Privacy Team, within Accenture’s Legal function, and will report to the Senior Legal Counsel - Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy in our Clients & Contracting tower.
The Senior Data Privacy Counsel is expected to demonstrate leadership behaviors, which include adhering to Accenture’s Core Values (Best People, Stewardship, Integrity, Client Value Creation, Respect for the Individual, and One Global Network). The successful candidate is also expected to promote and practice all aspects of Accenture’s leadership DNA (innovate for results, advocate an inspiring vision, collaborate across the ecosystem, execute with agility, and personalize in a truly human way).
- People You will be partnering and interacting with key business stakeholders and senior individuals within Legal, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new services, offerings, projects, products, and initiatives. You’ll be building and maintaining strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in particular with legal and business teams, and interaction with clients, as needed. Furthermore, you’ll effectively collaborate with a team of data privacy and other legal professionals and business teams in remote locations, providing advice and guidance in an engaged, business focused and pragmatic manner.
- Processes You’ll be conducting privacy reviews for Accenture’s client facing services, offerings, projects, products, or initiatives, incorporating data privacy principles into those initiatives. You’ll conduct legal research, interpret, and apply a risk-based assessment of how legal requirements affect Accenture’s new services, offerings, projects, products or initiatives.
- Data You’ll be providing data privacy advice to the Accenture services, offerings, projects, products, or initiatives, in support of rapid-solutioning to meet identified client needs. Also, you’ll provide oversight of related data privacy contractual provisions into complex agreements with clients and third-party suppliers. When necessary, you’ll be supporting and negotiating complex client facing privacy-related documents such as data processing agreements, data transfer agreements and data protection clauses.
- Technology You’ll be keeping yourself abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact, develop guidance, training and thought leadership for internal audiences.
With all our roles, there is some in-person time for collaboration, learning and building relationships with clients, peers, leaders, and communities. As an employer, we will be as flexible as possible to support your specific work/life needs.
Who we are - Accenture Corporate Functions
Running a world class, global business of more than 700,000 people requires specialized skills and capabilities. Our Corporate Functions area is the lifeforce of the company and helps Accenture run like clockwork.
As an organization, we embrace change and collaborate to help clients accelerate their digital journeys and create lasting, 360-degree value for all stakeholders across their enterprises – as well as our own. Accenture Corporate Functions, spanning across seven functions areas – Human Resources, Finance, Geographic Services, Marketing & Communications, Legal, Information Security and CIO Organization – powers Accenture’s ability to deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity. Join the heart and soul of Accenture, partnering with our extraordinary people to bring innovation into every organization.
Here's what you'll need
- Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent law degree (based on geography) and be an admitted lawyer
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a global data privacy function with EU experience, preferably in a major law firm and/or multinational corporation
- Experience and expertise with conducting privacy reviews, data privacy contract drafting, reviewing, and negotiating experience; demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends and developments in data privacy, explain issues in a practical, results focused manner
- Ability to work remotely, be self-organized and self-manage own workload and schedule
- Proven ability to develop vision, operationalize and implement strategy, confidence, and credibility in dealing with internal management and personnel at client and peer companies
- Strong verbal, written and people skills with the ability to interface, and develop relationships, with all levels of management and staff, and work cross-culturally
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy, and to seek out areas of risk and priority
Bonus points if you have
- CIPP/CIPM/CIPT or comparable privacy certification
- Experience with effectively managing remote resources
- Strong project management and organizational skills
What's in it for you?
Accenture is a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Our people are Change Makers, and to support them as an employer, we make five promises:
- Work with flexibility, in a culture based on trust
- Embrace a sustainable growth mindset
- Live a human-led culture of Inclusion & Diversity by caring deeply for all our people.
- Lead and transform our clients with technology
- Connect with our global network of 700.000 colleagues.
These promises are reflected through our excellent employee benefits, including:
- Unlimited learning: access to thousands of free courses, classes and workshops.
- Flexible working hours (4x9) & work location, FlexMoment leave of absence program (50% paid leave of absence for 3 months) and FlexDay; a flexible day you can take off to celebrate what matters to you – from EidalFitr to a birthday.
- Paid transport (budget for electric bicycle or car, NS-Business card)
- Pension scheme, Accenture shares, annual bonus, collective health insurance scheme
- 26 vacation days per year
What we believe
Accenture is an equal opportunity employer. Our leaders are committed to building a better, stronger and more equitable company for future generations to create positive, long-lasting change. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Our position as partner to many of the world’s leading businesses, organizations and governments affords us both an extraordinary opportunity and a tremendous responsibility to make a difference. Sustainability is one of our greatest responsibilities, which we embed it into everything we do and for everyone we work with.
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation to enable your participation in the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you.
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.