Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - HeerlenApply now
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Heerlen
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
At Accenture Technology we are dedicated to support our Cloud community.
Are you into Cloud technologies and daydreaming about the next step in your career? Get in touch with us via the apply now button.
As part of our Cloud service line, you will lead IT innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. There will never be a typical day and you will continuously experience and learn. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology experts who are highly collaborative, and taking on today’s biggest, most complex business challenges for our clients to adopt Cloud.
The Cloud Practice includes our deepest Cloud experts and supports Accenture’s global cloud ongoing engagements and ambitions. Join our team and be among Accenture’s most talented cloud practitioners. The group is responsible for Accenture’s most complex cloud infrastructure projects and provides our delivery capability for the Accenture AWS Business Group (AABG), Accenture Azure Business Group and Accenture Google GCP Business Group. The business groups are the deepest relationships Accenture has with its partners in the ecosystem. Choosing Accenture and the Cloud Practice will take your cloud experience and skills to the next level and allow you to work in an innovative and collaborative environment.
At Accenture, you can lead the world’s largest enterprises on the path to native cloud transformation and serverless, on the leading edge of infrastructure and engineering. Key responsibilities may include:
- Design and Implement cloud architectures and environments and perform application assessments as preparation to move to the cloud.
- Provide technical support to our client’s in order to migrate to the cloud
- Implement Native Cloud Infrastructure and Application Architectures or optimize infrastructure & applications for one or more hyperscalers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Contribute to the Accenture Cloud community and assets
Accenture Technology leverages design thinking, industry insights and the latest digital and Security methodologies to help clients innovate, grow and improve their businesses. Our expertise, capabilities and experience mean that our clients (including some of the biggest brands in the world) trust us to find the right solutions for their needs
Together with our talented international colleagues, we focus on connecting the needs of businesses with the new possibilities that come with technological progress. Because that's where the real challenges are: inventing and testing things that have never been tried before, getting new applications ready for roll-out, and ultimately guiding clients to select and implement the right technologies – including state of the art Security solutions - to transform their businesses.
At the Accenture Innovation Center for Smart Services in Heerlen, we bring the latest technologies to our global clients to become leading in their industry. In our office, we have the right mix of subject experts and innovative graduates to provide creative, smart and industry-changing solutions. From Blockchain to Robotics Process Automation and Project Management Officer to Cloud Services. We do not only want to impact our clients but also the people around us and the region we work and live in, for example via the local initiatives of our Corporate Citizenship Program. With the right personal coaching and the local and international projects, we offer you to be at your best and shape your career.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with Cloud architecture and services.
- Strong experience with multiple development, deployment and maintenance services.
- At least 1 hyperscaler Associate Certification or in process for receiving one
- Knowledge of one or more core hyperscaler platform architecture, including areas such as:
- Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies
- Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
- Infrastructure and application automation
- Third-party automation approach/strategy
- Network connectivity, Direct Connect and VPN
- Cloud Cost Management and Optimization
- Hands-on cloud experience with at least 1 implementation (preferred in an Enterprise scale environment)
- Experience in a context with at least Linux and scripted languages (such as Terraform, Docker or Kubernetes).
- Focus, develop and apply solutions in one or more specific Cloud hyperscaler directions:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and related toolsets
- Lambda, CloudFormation etc.
- Microsoft Azure and related toolsets
- Microsoft 365, Power Platform, Sharepoint, Windows Server etc.
- Google Cloud platform and related toolsets
- Research, innovate and implement one or more Cloud Native toolsets as part of hyperscaler solutions:
- Security: Compliance, Cloud Security Architecture, third party security tools/platforms, encryption/KMS/CloudHSM, Inspector, Macie, IAM policies/roles, Shield, WAF, etc.
- Cloud Migration: Optimization of applications to scalable cloud designs, rearchitecting applications to modern cloud patterns, and database migration (including cross-platform)
- Enterprise packaged/COTS Applications on a hyperscaler: SAP / HANA, Oracle Applications, WebMethods, etc. on cloud architecture.
- Big Data: NoSQL data model design, DynamoDB, Redshift design and tuning, MongoDB, etc.
- DevOps and Infrastructure as Code: infrastructure and application automation utilizing CloudFormation and third-party tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.). CI/CD pipeline setup utilizing cloud hyperscaler services such as CodeBuild/Commit/Deploy
- Unix, Linux, Windows Administration and scripting
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So, you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
- Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowances
- Discount on Accenture share
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Annick van Kerkum, email@example.com
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.