Big Data Engineer (Sr.) ConsultantApply now
Big Data Engineer (Sr.) Consultant
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
Does the world of Big Data excite you? Do you want to help our clients become high performance and data-driven businesses? If so, we would love to meet you!
As a Big Data Engineer Consultant, you will be part of the Digital Analytics team in Amsterdam. You will work directly with our clients in the Netherlands and sometimes also abroad to advise them from a business and technology perspective on how to become data driven and implement the fantastic opportunities that big data can bring. Your work can vary from advice on the Big Data platform they need to work on, including defining the solution architecture, to building scalable, streaming Big Data solutions making use of state of the art technologies.
As part of your day to day activities, you will be working with the largest Big Data vendors in the world, cool innovative start-ups in the Big Data space, and the top clients in the Netherlands and abroad.
Accenture Digital is seen as the most effective 'digital enablers' around. And with good reason: Their work includes pioneering next-level marketing, implementing industry-changing digital transformations and improving business performance using digital technology and data insights.
You will collaborate closely with our clients (including some notable brand names) to figure out what the possibilities are for their business. Innovating through cloud, mobility, or analytics, the end goal is to design and deliver custom digital solutions that work in the field – whether that’s online or offline.
- Master’s degree in areas like Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Information Management
- Minimum 3+ years of hands on relevant Big Data technologies or implementations
- Experienced in distributed computing, distributed storage, and containerisation; Spark/PySpark, Kafka, SQL & NoSQL (e.g., Elastic, Hive, BigQuery, Kafka KTables, AWS S3), Docker, Kubernetes
- Experienced in programming with Python or Scala and familiar with micro services development (REST API’s/IoT)
- Fluent in English. Fluent Dutch is a strong preference, but not mandatory
- Good business communication skills, able to transform business requirements into use cases
Accenture is a marvelous place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you'll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we're proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense, and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides high-profile, demanding projects and a nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Vera Klaasen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-1266 7241.
We believe it is crucial that you know where you stand during your application, and what the next steps are. Our process is short - but thorough - and we'd like to get to know you, and see if we are a great fit. Please connect with our recruiters in case of questions.
Found a fitting vacancy or role? Great! Apply by sending in your CV and cover letter and let's get started. Contact our recruiters in case of questions, they are here to help and guide you.
During the interview, we'd love to get to know you and see if there is a match with our brand and brand values. We will discuss your ambitions and past experiences and tell you all you want to know about the role.
In the second interview, our senior management would love to get to know you. We will continue to discuss your ambitions, past experiences and we can answer any question you have about the position and work at Accenture.
If we are all happy to proceed after the interviews, we'd like to make you an offer to join Accenture. We hope we can welcome you soon as a new colleague!
We'd like to welcome you to Accenture and are excited that you have accepted our job offer and agreed upon your start date. You will meet all the other new joiners and continue your career at Accenture.